Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by floating.spirit View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by -JLT- View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureModelsOnly View Post
The 300 lbs weight gain and lackluster styling killed it for me. Styling is subjective. Weight gain is not.
how can u make a decision on a performance suv w/o even test driving it? :
For one, it looks identical to the one I have now except the wheels; they look borrowed from an electric car. I won't turn down a test drive though.
So going from a 12 lbs/HP rig to 9.2 lbs/HP is not good enough to ignore the weight? I doubt anyone is going to feel the extra weight. In fact I bet people will think it feels lighter in actual driving experiences.

It only takes 25-30 extra HP to negate that 300 lbs of weight gain in comparison to M40i.
Weight effects everything not just acceleration. Braking, turning, steering response, fuel consumption, brake wear, tire wear, etc. It's also sort of matter of principle. No other M model weighs this much more than its regular counterpart. Even worse it weighs more than the rest of its competitors. It weighs more than the F90 M5. It weighs 1000 lbs more than a F80 M3!
GLC 63: 4475 lbs
Stelvio QV: 4360
Jag F-Pace SVR: 4395
Macan Turbo: 4244
I agree that the weight is ridiculous in comparison to the competition but if we're talking about M40i, it's pretty inconsequential to me. Compared to competitors we'll just have to wait for test drives, and real world test numbers.
Appreciate 0