View Single Post
      03-11-2019, 04:07 PM   #4
alan7467
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 Sketchers

Quote:
Originally Posted by twintiga View Post
BMW has hit a homer with the M2. It caters to the enthusiast and hopefully we as consumers can vote with our wallets to keep cars like this coming down the pipeline. More and more car companies have to concentrate on selling crossover SUVs in order to turn a healthy profit, but hopefully true enthusiast cars will continue to be produced.
For sure. Got a call back from the dealer moments ago. Three allocations available with expected build 04/22. So I'm voting with a deposit and order today

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2C89 View Post
Welcome to the BMW, I'm sure you'll absolutely love it. I'm personally waiting for mine to be completed on March 20th, after leaving the brand for some time (life happens). 2020MY M2C 6MT, HS, Exec + a bunch of CF BMW Performance parts.... can't express how lucky and excited I feel.

I will say though, you can't completely disregard all of Porsche after driving their entry level car.
Thank you!

Point taken on Porsche. One thing I'm considering though is comments from many owners that the Boxster/Cayman is more engaging than current 911's perhaps because the limits are so high on a 991.1/2. However, I felt that was already the case even with the 718 I drove. Though I suspect my complaints with the engine would mostly be addressed with the 2.5 and its variable vain turbo.

Also worth noting that as a MX-5 fan I'm used to cars that feel like they're on the edge at 30MPH haha. I think it's a hard recipe to create a car that is both extremely capable, yet still feels fun and engaging at sane speeds. My limited seat time in the M2C tells me BMW somehow nailed the formula. In fact in the Smoking Tire review by Zach Klapman he described the M2C as BMW's Miata

Last edited by alan7467; 03-11-2019 at 05:16 PM..
Appreciate 1
cptobvious2531.50