View Single Post
      01-06-2012, 07:34 AM   #9
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Scott View Post
Something tells me you're right but I really hope you're wrong. There are several stickys up there, including a video interview, that state you can order "whatever you want" in a base model.
I know that what's some people keep repeating, but I've been trying like hell over the past few months to keep it real and demonstrate how those statements are actually misleading.

To be fair, I think that what was originally meant by those statements is that, from a functional point of view, you can still get whatever you want. That is to say that you can still get ZPP, ZTP, ZCW, nav, upgraded radio, PDC, etc, on a base car. In other words, you can get all the bells and whistles you are used to. However, it still ends up being a misleading statement over all, since from an aesthetic point of view you are indeed extremely limited. And as I said, you also can't add sport suspension (nor seats for that matter) - i.e. there is no "sport package" anymore that just adds sporting features to the car without pigeon-holing you into specific interior colors and configurations.

Quote:
...looking forward to seeing the US configurator which some claim is on its way during or following the Detroit show next week.
The US order guide is already available. See the sticky at the top of this forum. It was the source of the information in my previous post. Could things still change? I suppose, sure, it is technically possible. But I would not count on that at all.
Appreciate 0