11-03-2021, 01:37 PM   #9
eric97hoh
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 bmw m5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicCharlie View Post
I had a puncture on my front left tire and replaced it about 150 miles ago… after engaging in other threads about Pirelli v Michelin and longevity of each I decided to take a closer look at my rears (Pirelli) and decided to replace the remaining three tires (both rears, front right). My car has around 15k miles and the original front tire still looked good and had more than enough tread for me to be comfortable pairing with a new one, but now that I'm doing the rears I feel better getting all four on the same page, so to speak, with tread wear.

In your case, I'd just measure tread depth and if you're still within 2-3 mm of new I wouldn't worry about pairing a brand new one on the other side. With 8k on Pirelli's you're probably right on the fence.
did you end up going with 4s tires all around? thanks for the insight btw appreciate it.
also is it ok for me to put 2 Michelin 4s on the back and leave the pirelis in the front or I shouldn't do that ?

Previous BMW model 2018 bmw 340i FBO custom e50 tune 500 wheel
Appreciate 0