Drives: M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullyrityres View Post
this is my second f90 and it's a competition pack

Highly specced with some carbon m performance bits,

I hate the sound of this one, it won't pop or bang due to opf

What's the way round this

Sully,
Does it not pop and bang on free revving when stationary ?. It will never sound as good as a non OPF car, but should sound ok, unless there is some truth in the very new OPF cars having software that reduced exhaust sound even more.
My 2019 Comp OPF car, sounds OK, but nothing like as characterful as my M4 with MPE. There has recently been a tuning box introduced to get around the OPF, i will try and find the thread, but after that, you have to remap and replace the exhaust to get rid of the OPFs for the sound, therefore blowing your warranty. Not sure how you paid for your car, but some dealers are now more aware about mods, and the car being on finance etc, in the recent light of Rickys/LLF exploits, and can cancel agreements etc.
Looked at a few cars recently, and the OPFs are spoiling sound on most new sports cars, which is pretty depressing. Have a chat with DMS about the OPF and tuning options, ive heard first hand that they are pretty good, and Mike at Motech seems to know whats going on too. Will try and find the thread mentioned above.

Got it https://forums.m3cutters.co.uk/threa...fs-etc.219724/

Last edited by Simon H; 01-04-2020 at 03:27 AM..
Appreciate 0