CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remonster View Post
When we did the experiment in that DCT M2, both times we had the LC flag displayed on the dash but when smashing the throttle to the floor quickly while enabling LC, the actual launch (after taking foot off the brakes) involved the clutch engaging instantly and frying the rear tires with hardly any forward progress. This is how Carwow always launches and you can often see him jamming his foot down on the throttle prior to the launch.

When my friend applied the throttle a little more gradually to turn on LC, he still launched with his foot flat on the floor and never tried to modulate the throttle himself but I could feel the DCT’s clutch slipping to manage traction without having to cut the engine’s power or dump all the boost. It was a massive difference and the car fired out of the hole in a big hurry.

I had leased a 335is with DCT in the past but I think that car could only launch in the first way, or at least that’s all I ever had happen the handful of times I used Launch Control. You’d always hear the bang as the clutch engaged fully followed by tons of spin and a slow start.
Just think about the absurdity of that concept, it just does not make sense. Further, it is nowhere stated in the owner's manual. I've doodled enough with LC on my car to know that it isn't the case.

Previous cars: M4cs 2019 F82 Limerock Grey / M4 2015 F82 Silverstone / M3 2008 E92 Silverstone / M3 2002 E46 Carbon Black
Appreciate 1