10-17-2020, 04:46 PM   #28
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmma View Post
Option 3 for me and I’ve owned a couple frozen finishes for these reasons. I have also considered options 1 and 2 but for me, looking at all the options side by side, you could tell the difference in finish and I felt option 3 really showed up more the lines of the car and depth of the paint finish.
As far as maintenance, routine maintenance only requires washing with soap and water. No polishing required as Trevor has mentioned above, as this will bring out more sheen from the clear coat and ruin that matte look. There are also special waxes and cleaners that are available for matte finishes if you wanted to use once in a while to help preserve the finish. Yes, as most others have said, if you need a repair, paint matching will take some expertise but depending on where you live, there are shops that are now and more becoming increasingly comfortable with working with matte paints.
Lastly, the films do offer an extra layer of protection but I have seen where films have started to lift in certain areas, particularly sharp edges and dust started to capture and stick under the film which was difficult to remove and had to go back to to the shop to have the film reworked in those areas.

It is a tough decision to choose the right option and lot of folks have been in the same dilemma. That’s where feedback from these forums can be helpful...sometimes
What's option 3?
Appreciate 0