Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer20 View Post
Joe

I agree with your assessment. The main thing that I experience is:

"1. When you push the throttle, response is not instantaneous"

This happens when going from light throttle openings/loads to high throttle openings/loads, like when flooring it from a cruise. Under sustained "spirited" driving in sport+, the pretensioning technology appears to do its job, as even on my 6MT, upshifts show no perceptible lag. I think under trackday conditions, the car will truly perform like a naturally aspirated engine.

Have you tried sport+? I think one of the big differences besides is that the boost holding feature is more aggressive.
That is also my perception.

When running at constant speed with part throttle and then suddenly flooring the accelerator, there is a clear lag before full power is delivered. I tried it at different RPM (2000-6000RPM) in Sport+ and this lag is present at all engine speeds, there is no denying it.

That being said, during my ED, I was lucky enough to be able to drive a relatively long mountain pass with zero traffic very aggressively. Hard braking into a turn, down shift, turn-in, quick lifts to tighten the line, squeeze the throttle to track out, full throttle upshifts then brake again. Over and over again. With the engine is Sport+ and DSC off, I was astonished with the engine response . Never did I feel any lag in this driving context .

Can't wait to try this car at the track at the end of the month .

Last edited by CanAutM3; 09-09-2014 at 06:47 PM..
Appreciate 0