View Single Post
      02-16-2017, 11:39 AM   #5
dukeapenguin
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235i Convertible RWD MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony235 View Post
^^ what he said. Most events will not allow you to have the top down. Some organizations would let me drive with the top down in my s2000.

Also most will not even allow convertibles unless you have a roll bar/hoops. S2k and Boxter have factory roll hoops for example. Either way the soft top offers hardly any protection so I always thought it silly to require the top to be up.

As for being faster with the top down. It depends on the track. On a tight course like Streets of Willow I was faster with the top down. On higher speed courses I would be faster with the top up. Aerodynamics and lower center of gravity being the differences.

Top down track days are a blast
Top down track days are a blast

Name:  IMG_0357.jpg
Views: 844
Size:  802.5 KB

I am very lucky that my local track allow verts, just helmet and popup roll bars.

I went track days in last year few times, its a slow speed track, lots of low speed turns, so I did top down, feel like a boss.

The only thing I worried about is rigidity, I can feel the rear half of the body is way soft compare to my friends M235i Coupe / M2 so I am considering get some sway bar or what ever something to try to fix this problem.

Anyway, Top down track days are a blast and who care the lap time?
Appreciate 1