Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 MG/SO

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
I have to agree, the indication lights in the cluster make it a little confusing. MDM is essentially a higher threshold mode of the Dynamic Stability Control (DSC). In MDM, DSC is still active, just with higher limits, so DSC off implies you are not in MDM either. However, when in MDM, there is a light in the cluster that says "DSC off", which is not really accurate.

I also found that Euro MDM is so much better than the North-American-MDM. With the NA-MDM, it would cut power on every upshift. With Euro-MDM you get much smoother acceleration.
Thank you for the detailed explanations, I went to the car and played w all the settings and w your help I get it.

- Pic 1 shows the lights for MDM and "DSC off", in this mode MDM still intervenes, so for a novice driver it's better to keep this for some fun and some security.

-Pic 2 shows and additional text at bottom right of cluster where all safety electronics are disabled, a mode for instructors and experts such as yourself

Now that I get all this, even w MDM I found myself like riding a bull in a rodeo I need me some class time and practice at an M school. My wife said why is the car so unstable I said, honey, I need to learn how to ride this beast.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0