View Single Post
      07-20-2015, 10:31 PM   #1
Powerslide
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 ZCP

Optimal Acceleration w/o Launch Control

So - after having this car for almost a year and 16k miles - the rush I get from this car's brutal acceleration still has not gotten old (love that flat and precise cornering too)!

Anyway, I've been trying to find "ideal" settings to use for optimal acceleration, depending upon whether or not I want to minimize wheelspin. Here are my thoughts thus far:

1) Maximum Rate of Acceleration with Minimal Wheelspin: A great combination of settings that I like for max acceleration in 1st/2nd gear while simultaneously minimizing wheel spin (whether or not during shifts) is:

Throttle: Sport
EDC: Comfort
Drivelogic: S1.

2) "Fun" Acceleration - Still very Quick/Some Wheelspin: My favorite "fun" acceleration combination (where I don't care quite as much about wheelspin) is:

Throttle: Sport+ (to get best sound from exhaust)
EDC: Comfort
Drivelogic: S2

(With S3 max throttle, the shifts are so firm that the DSC in full or MDM mode will cut power during the first couple of shifts - S2 gives you the chirp of the tires with only a small amount of wheelspin and very little if any cutting of power while in full traction control or MDM mode).

Thoughts?
Appreciate 0