02-08-2022, 06:17 AM   #61
CarEnthusiast29
Rep
Drives: 22BMW M5CS 2021 LamboSVJ Rdstr

Quote:
Originally Posted by irablumberg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarEnthusiast29 View Post
I think setting the car up to be exactly the same other than the weight reductions is missing the point of what the CS is. There are aspects of the car that numbers just won't tell. The driving experience is one. Personally if I wanted the more plush car I would have gone with a competition. If you want a car that feels a little more raw, a little more special and will be a little quicker than the CS is the way to go. For example if you take the lambo svj and the aventador S, the straight line speed is not that much different but the experience is completely different . That's the point of a CS model, a better experience
I understand your point, but I have not seen any definitive statements by BMW or by any knowledgeable third party that identifies the specific suspension or tuning differences between the CS and the Comp that may give rise to the "more raw" feeling. My point is simply that I would like to understand what is actually different mechanically between the two cars and then to understand how those differences manifest. In part I would like this information so that in future I could modify my Comp to get closer to the CS in terms of steering feel, overall feedback, etc.

Thus, for example, is it (as C&D just suggested in the Lightning Lap) just the Corsa tires on the CS that give it better road feel and steering feedback over the Comp, or are there actually different springs, shocks, bearings, bushings, control arms, or other suspension components in the CS versus the Comp?
Totally get this. I'll inquire and see if I can find out for you man.
Appreciate 0