01-23-2020, 10:14 PM   #70
onfireX5
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F90M5,F85X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
Fair question--but right back at ya.

It was intended as a lighthearted assertion based solely, though perhaps insufficiently, on my experience with many other fairly powerful RWD cars. With the apparent exception of the daily-miracle-launches of a 720S, few RWD cars can put down their best launch times anything like every time... whereas 4WD cars tend to get far closer to optimal every time.

Anyway, we're going down a path here I didn't intend to ignite... naught but opinion on my part backed by zero firsthand experience with this car.

All that said, Mike's car is a Unicorn (a 2.51s 0-60mph and 10.05s 1/4 mile)--I wouldn't rule it out under road conditions. On a track with prep--ba-bye, M5.
Interestingly, I cross shopped the 720S to the TTS. (My Main Man Vic straightened me out) They do launch well for RWD but not in the TTS league on no prep. 2WD GT2RS will out launch them on no prep on 888mf races. Brook “dragtimes” has posted a bunch of track vs street times. 720s launches well, but much better on a prepped track. Loses 0.3 to 0.4 on no prep. But after they move out....don’t race a 720s in any modded M5.....possibly N20.

How’s that for thread nonsense. I’ll get banned again......
Appreciate 0