09-09-2021, 09:35 AM   #30
thaalrasha
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G81

Quote:
Originally Posted by nafelabdal View Post
These drag races are silly. Speed limit on US Freeways range between 65 mph - 85 mph. My 2020 330i turbo-4 cylinder does it 0-60 in 5.4 seconds. So what is the point?

The M5 is a great car, no question. But is still a 5-Series on STEROIDS. Yes, I get it, engine, transmission, brakes, power, etc. are different from a regular 5-Series. But still, it is a 5-Series on Steroids if you want to be honest with your self.

The Porsche 911 is in a league of its own. Its suspension/chassis + handling is unlike any other car in its segment. Add in its weight and that rear engine configuration and no one comes close. The 911 drive is completely different from any other car in the segment, period.

Who cares if another car wins a silly drag race by 0. something seconds?
Maybe you've got no idea how much technical differences there are between M cars vs normal series... Even more so with the CS version. You can watch the G80/82 introduction videos that go over each aspect that was revised for M cars https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1791268 .

I think the M5 CS is way more special compared to a 5 series than a 911 Turbo S vs standard carrera. M5 and 911 are not in the same segment anyway, one is a purpose built sports coupe and the other a modified 4 doors saloon that can seat 4 adults and lots of luggage... And the M5 CS certainly doesn't embarrass itself on the track either.
Appreciate 0