jbenington86
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i, 2017 Tundra

Garage List
2015 M235i  [0.00]
2008 128i  [0.00]
If you are worried about the fine scratches that can be cause by a "free" car wash why would you get it done?

Do you think they are going to spend a lot of time on a "free" car wash? No they are going to clean as much of the major dirt off your vehicle as quickly as possible. After all it is free.

Also, you have one of the colors which these very fine swirl marks etc. are very easily seen.

My dealer always asks upon turning my vehicle in if I would like it washed or not.

I usually don't worry about those small scratches because some were already there in the first place from road dirt whipping across the vehicle as you drive. I will also take my car and since they did the majority of the work I will do my own full wash, clay bar, polish and wax on my own.

Another tip if you think your car is gonna come out of their detail shop looking as if it came from the factory save your money and your blood pressure put in your own labor.

If you want something done right and to your standards do it yourself or find a very good professional detailer. After all they do it for a living.
Appreciate 0