View Single Post
      07-02-2014, 07:17 AM   #6
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Yup I was going to post this yesterday too, but didn't have a chance.

The next CTS-V should be at least 600hp from the factory, but the trick with the next CTS-V is that I have a feeling it's going to be much lighter than the M5, like maybe even under 4,000lbs. Just take a look at the CTS-V Sport. By the way, I saw my first CTS-V Sport on the road just this past weekend and I gotta say I didn't hate the way it looked. It looked kind of badass from certain angles and there were certain aspects I really liked and maybe even loved, like the side view mirrors.

Anyways, yeah I guess the horsepower wars are never going to be over, but maybe BMW forgot about that? I dunno. I mean the new M4 is rated at only 430hp although we now know in reality it's making about 475hp from the factory on any given day. The next Merc C63 AMG is going to be at least 500hp though, the horsepower wars will continue. Then Audi will follow suit with their next generation RS4/RS5 and so on.

Truth be told I'm not really impressed with 707 horses on tap on the new Hellcat. That car is still an American muscle car which I think is great, but I know it's not really made to compete against certain other segments. Just look at how much that new Hellcat Challenger weighs, like 4,160lbs. It reminds me of the old Fast and Furious rivalry, American Muscle versus Japanese and European Imports, it's a rivalry that will never end, but I love it.

I think these are exciting times we live in.

Appreciate 0