Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by italiabrain View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
... seems pretty optimistic to me; why would anyone otherwise take the case.

There's no talking past one another from my standpoint--I'm saying I no longer care; others still do with varying degrees of emotion.
That’s even more confusing. How could you not care after describing how much you used it and how significant you thought the acceleration loss was?

I guess my mistake. It sounded like you were only ever saying “good luck” in terms of practical odds of winning a case in response to people who were saying that it was morally or legally wrong. It read to me like you were missing the point.

I didn’t take anyone as optimistic. I’m certainly not. I took it more as “screw companies who do things like this, it’s worth fighting over bc it’s BS”. I guess taking it that way played into the mismatch of it not making sense to me that people were responding with odds of winning a case and sidestepping the underlying morality/legality.

To further support the argument of it being a losing battle, I don’t think this is remotely isolated to BMW. It may even be bordering on industry standard. I guess I’m just going to have to budget for a Porsche next cycle because these corporate hide-the-ball games are beyond unacceptable to me.
TL;DR
Appreciate 0