View Single Post
      05-05-2020, 11:08 PM   #15
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport 2020(G20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAus View Post
Yes, the reflection of the speaker grill is rather annoying, and I haven’t yet played around with camera angles and filters. I didn’t have this problem with a similar setup in my F30.
I’m not sure a filter will get rid of the reflection, but I’d be interested in purchasing one if it does the job. I haven’t researched this at the moment.
I’m using a Blackvue 128 GB SD card. I’m not sure why they are supposed to better than other cards, but it was convenient for me at the time to get all Blackvue kit. Having said that, I almost bought a SanDisk card. I have found these to be fast and robust in other applications such as DJI Drones.
If you want to increase time on the card, you can drop the quality and frame rate a little.
With regard to degradation, I used the same Blackvue SD card in my F30 for 7 years. It never failed, but I used to reformat the card every now and then........not once a month as was suggested.
Last thing......no funny message on the BMW display, and no messages regarding battery drainage (for obvious reasons).
Hi Steve ah thanks for that feedback.
If you goto https://dashcamsaustralia.com.au/sho...-cpl-filter-2/
You will see in the video the guys shows the difference between dashcam with and without filter, it seems as soon as he puts on the filter, the reflection gos away, so well worth investigating it's $50
I was looking at the samsung 128GB Pro Endurance which is recommended for continuous recording, on that dashcam web site they don't recommend sandisk though.
Great to hear no issues with cellnet and blackvue installed , warms the cockles of my heart
Ah yes and reformatting I did'nt think you needed to do it every month.
Be careful with reducing the resolution fro 4K though, my friends car was in a trolley hit and run while parked and the numberplate came out but he installed the non 4k dashcam so numberplate was just legible, if he had installed the 4k one then he would of had no issues so that is a consideration.
Thanks
Appreciate 1
SteveAus265.50