10-26-2018, 11:00 AM   #141
530iDriver
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 530i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMAF View Post
Been reading this thread with interest - If I were in a position to make decisions at BMW and it is really true that is only 12 vehicles, I would buy them all back and give each customer a new vehicle. That financial hit is so miniscule for BMW and the good will generated would be worth every dime. Subaru recently did something like this when they found there were faulty welds on their new Ascent SUV - all cars were recalled and destroyed - customers got new vehicles. Its the right thing to do. Cant see why BMW wouldn't do this for such a small # of cars. Anyway wishing the OP best of luck.
Welds are a little more severe problem as it sounds these could compromise the structural safety and integrity of the vehicles on a crash.

But yes, I do concur. The least BMW could do is to buy back the 12 affected vehicles and write them off as an operating loss.

Before: 2011 BMW 328i E90 sedan, Platinum Bronze Metallic, Dakota Brown leather, 17 inch wheels, 6-speed auto, N52 6 Cyl inline N/A goodness....
Appreciate 0