First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 m5 comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocko78 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswiff View Post
I have found investing in a couple things goes a long way in making washing less of a hassle. I actually enjoy washing my cars on a Sunday. I wash my cars every other week and will spend an afternoon doing three cars; the time killer is my Raptor.

The key though to avoid water spots is don't wash your car in direct sun or if it's very hot as the water dries from evaporation faster than you can dry so it can leave mineral deposits. There is an expensive way to avoid this and that is buying a CR spotless which is a system that attaches to your spigot that deionizes water so that there are no minerals to leave behind. You can literally wash and rinse your car using a CR spotless and leave it wet and it won't dry with any spots. I have one but I don't like leaving my cars wet so I haven't used it in a long time. Plus you need to replace the resin.

Get a pressure washer - doesn't need to be a fancy one like Kranzle, I have a sun joe from amazon. Also can use it for other house chores.

Invest in a foam cannon, I tried the cheap amazon one but the MTM is a lot better.

For drying I bought a EGO electric leaf blower, cuts the drying time down significantly. I finish with Bead Maker on a rag company premium microfiber (item 11616).

For windows I use invisible glass - inexpensive and can get almost everywhere, I get it at Home Depot since it's the cheapest there. I use rag companies Korean Blue Glass & Window (41616).

My scrub mitt is also rag company "the cyclone" (10809)

Brake Buster for the wheels and tires, it's inexpensive and effective.

Adam's car soap in the cannon, it foams like shaving cream and also inexpensive.

I can do my m5 - if it's not crazy dirty - in about 30 minutes.

If you want to get an idea of washing without the pressure washer, I recommend watching Larry Kosilla at AMMO NYC on YouTube. He has numerous videos but one is quick washes on his family car.

Ha!!! I dry with my Ego too, love it!
My only issue with the ego is the battery. I've had it two years and already have had to replace the battery with warranty when the turbo would only last for about a minute and drain the battery completely.

The new one just doesn't last as long as the original did when new. I used to be able to dry two cars with a combination of high and turbo and now I can barely make it through one.

Not sure what the issue is and while their warranty was easy, still an inconvenience.
Appreciate 0