View Single Post
      04-25-2024, 10:31 PM   #176
shawnhayes
Major
Rep
Drives: 22M5 CS,23X5E,24M3 CS,24 i4

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5dream View Post
Have you read through this https://540ratblog.wordpress.com/?s=...&submit=Search

I’m using 5w40 Mobil 1 on my f10 m5 and this specific oil is on the cusp of the bottom end of being a 40 weight. Out the bottle hence why my Blackstone lab always shows oil is thin even even u change my oil at 1,500 miles.
I’m considering going back to using 5W30 Quaker state dexos 3 gen as it tested as highest wear protection in the article I tagged you in. And just keep changing my oil out at 1500-2k miles n call it a day. What do u think ??
Road car oil actually starts out with more than it needs in additives. It doesn’t reach peak efficiency until 2-3k miles. I’d stick with factory fill and run it to black stone recommended interval.

5w-30 will be fine weight, but Quaker state has never been a top tier oil. Isn’t going to hurt anything but remember that wear protection isn’t the only thing. Valves and guides need proper cooling and additive packages.

Sounds like you’re not pushing or challenging the oil. You’re safe with the plan you’re doing, but maybe working too hard at it.

Shawn
Appreciate 0