Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 Competiton
Location: Northwestern Switzerland veeeeery close to the German Autobahn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fegelein View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M135iXdriver View Post
I'm like 10 minutes from the border, last time I drove there it was still open... there are like two unlimited patches.

In Switzerland BMWs reputation is suffering a bit due to deadly accidents involving leased M models.

Drivers with no experience losing control over their F90s. Idiots for sure disabled DSC and AWD.

This is a common issue we are having here.

These kids could not afford a car like this so their family is paying for it... imagine having a M3/4/5 as your first car... insane!

Back to topic, the longest patch I've had was when driving to and from Munich.
Glad to hear you have those stretches and I hear you on kids in these cars. Back in '87 when I was 17, I had a new Mustang GT, but it's not relative to today. Car was considered "fast" for the day w/ a 0-60 of 6.7 and 150 top speed, but that's nothing by today's standards. Kids today have WAY too much disposal at their power. I had my share of close calls racing as a kid and could only imagine how much worse it could have been today. Parents of today need to wisen up!
M car wise, my first was a new '99 M3 @ 29yrs old.
You have any mods planned for your F90?
I don't like to mod cars powerwise... maybe some cosmetic touches like powdercoat the wheels or change them out... maybe another exhaust... or wrap in case the green gets boring after a few years.

Modding is pretty difficult in Switzerland... even intake boxes can be an issue and this differs from state to state.
2010 - Mazda 3 MPS BL 2.3 (256 bhp) (sold)
Appreciate 0