View Single Post
      10-21-2021, 09:11 PM   #3
///WeissBisBlau
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘21 M5C

Welcome.

1. Definitely was worth it (to me) to get the Comp. YMMV. For some it is not worth it. They would rather take the difference and plug it into their own mods. Me, I know that I am not a “modder”, by and large, and I really like the aesthetic differences, and that’s really where it’s at, and looks are subjective. I mean sure, there is what, a 17HP upgrade there too, but at the end of the day, you are not going to really notice that. The pre-LCI (pre-‘21 models, US) Comps were known to ride a bit rough, but the LCI’s seem to be much better in this regard, by all accounts I’ve read. I mean, I love mine, so…

Lots of peeps on here who have had both Comp and Non-Comp, pre-LCI and LCI, probably, so I’m sure you’ll appreciate their experiences.

2. I had this same question awhile back, and it seems that, no, there is really no known “Achilles heel” on this platform. Some here who have tracked theirs said that it can overheat somewhat easily on a track, but I cannot confirm that.

Also, earlier on in the model’s lifespan, I was reading about its oil pan not being protected very well, and having rocks and road debris puncture it, but I have not heard anything about this lately.

One interesting thing I’ve been seeing on here lately is that dealers really seem to be holding onto their inventory a lot more, driving prices up to MSRP, and with some dealers apparently asking a premium. So if you can wait that out, might get a better deal.

Best of luck!

Last edited by ///WeissBisBlau; 10-21-2021 at 09:17 PM..
Appreciate 1