View Single Post
      01-18-2012, 12:48 PM   #19
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by djafactor View Post
Thanks Harold

I don't mind running spacers so which would be the preferable offset/tire size in your opinion. My suspension is currently stock but I'm sure I'm going to hopefully go with the ohlins setup that's currently being developed.mIll most definitely buy from u come spring since u have been so helpful on the forums.

Cheers

Amit
As a more conservative setup, 18x9.5 with et22 with 265's will clear fender and strut. Depend on tire brand, you may get some running on the inner fender liner at full steering lock. If you plan to lower your vehicle with coil overs and no camber plates, this is the setup.

18x10 will most likely need camber plates when used with 275's. Again, tire brand will determine the amount of clearance you need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djafactor View Post
Not sure yet. I'm used to running Toyo RA-1s or R888s but they are over $400 each over here. On my Mini's 15" setup it would run me $1000 for a full set mounted. Options I have found:

Hoosier R6/A6: $317 each UTQG: 40 - Talontire.ca
Hankook Z214: $236 each UTQG: 40 - tirerack.com (+shipping)

Hankook RS-3: $258 each UTQG: 140 - tirerack.com (+shipping)
Toyo R888: $405 each UTQG: 100 - 1010tires.com (+shipping)

Looks like I'll get the best bang for my buck with RS-3s though I do have a soft spot for Hoosiers

Ill keep u in the loop of the events I'm running (open lapping days).

Cheers

Amit
RS3 will be as close to any R-comp tire you will ever get as a street tire at a low price tag. In Redline Time Attack street tire class, this is also the tire that took more podium finishes than others.

We are using this same tire for autox and track days, but we also have a set of R6's mounted on Apex wheels when we want to click off some lighting fast laps.
Appreciate 0