View Single Post
      12-28-2018, 05:44 PM   #50
onfireX5
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F90M5,F85X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
I got out of my then new '13 F10 and into a new '17 991.2 Turbo. I've run both stock in the qtr mile (best of 11:53 and 10:71 respectively) and several road courses. I've run quicker cars than both and while drag racing is fun, I prefer the road courses. This is where I think the turbo shines as the better "all-rounder." Of course for the additional money it should be. And LC with PDK is so easy it puts the BMW LC to shame. Not that it really matters.

The M5 acceleration and braking was phenomenal for such a heavy car. I did add Dinan sways and higher temp brake fluid for the road course work. I could easily keep up with "regular" Carreras and outrun many. I've added Pagid pads and gt3 camber plates to the turbo and it lays down consistently quicker lap times. It's faster down the straights and carries more speed through the corners. While the specs of the new M5C indicate it can perform on par with the current turbo, I suspect it will do so in a similar fashion as the F10 and thus not be as "thrilling" as the turbo. Maybe I'm wrong. I hope so. So for me the turbo is my choice for now.

Still, while I have the turbo in the garage I'm having secret thoughts of a new M5C. 😎

Not sure this helps the OP but its all 1st world problems anyway. 🤑
Very glad you posted. I’m still conflicted. I’ve been looking at a 991.2 TurboS to add to the F90.

How would you compare road noise, parking, general daily driving between the F10 and the 991.2 ?
Appreciate 0