View Single Post
      04-17-2024, 02:05 PM   #123
AHall
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 1993 Nissan 240sx

Quote:
Originally Posted by REF90 View Post
Curious for folks’ input - 2019 M5 base with 42k miles. Car is currently at the dealer awaiting fuel injectors. Original owner and love the car minus this expansion tank issue. It was replaced 9 months ago and now I watch it closely. About 3 months ago I noticed coolant around the cap, which the dealer replaced and assured me the tank itself wasn’t leaking. Yesterday I got the dreaded drivetrain malfunction and car is running terribly, so immediately brought it in. There are faults on the bank 2 fuel injectors which are going to be replaced under warranty. They’re on order so the dealer sent me on my way with a loaner. I’m a little worried they’re only going to replace the injectors and are not going to look at the tank again or other affected parts. Are they missing the forest for the trees, or would you be confident they’re going to tie the replaced parts together and look at the issue holistically? I’d rather they hold onto it and fix the issue vs heading back in a few months for the same issue.
I would like to know if your tank is leaking or the cap.
Appreciate 0