View Single Post
      05-26-2019, 03:26 PM   #9
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbmw98 View Post
I'm not saying I'm done for good, im currently deciding between an M3CS fully optioned or M3 Comp Pack, M5 Comp and even waiting for the M8 GC. But I need to look at what I would get into after I'm done with any of those cars. But again the M3 has always fit what I think a great M car is. They just dont listen to there actual customer base, rather pandering to foreign markets and completely changing design language. Hell, they are in the process of testing an M3 Wagon, yet we wont get that in the US...why? Because they just dont care, they dont bother having any of there marketing teams read these forums to see what people actually want. It's a damn shame.
Agreed, though it’s always been like that. BMW trust their own choices and not seldom they know better than the customers, especially when it comes to design. Cars that looks like shyte initially (E60 vs E39) turns out to become one of the coolest most timeless designs. The E60 M5 still looks awesome to me and the E39 just looks old and tired in comparison. And now the wildly criticized X7 huge grills are already dating all other X cars except the new X5 which has similar large grills.

The change from more important aspects are more serious as the hydraulic steering and high revving NA engines but these changes are driven by regulations and not what BMW preferred. A removal of the MT would be very serious though and I can see the die hard MT drivers leaving if that happens.
Appreciate 1
xlover2197.00