particulardude
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: LR4 | L405 SC SWB

Waking this thread back up!

[IMG]https://media3.giphy.com/media/35I4C...QPy2/giphy.gif[/IMG]

Short rant...

I am a HUGE Jurassic Park fanboy. Loved the book and OG movie.

Never got around to seeing any of the sequels/spin offs over the years. To be honest I was always a little skeptical and didn't want to ruin my first impression. Well randomly caught some of one of these Jurassic Worlds with Pratt on TV yesterday (I like him - he's a funny guy) ok. what in the actual fk!? How did the dinosaur special effects get worse!? Don't get me started on the acting - unbelievable how terrible it was.

So the point here... I've been pushing the Jurassic line toys on my kids and they'll watch the LEGO series etc. They are cool toys but holy cow! The kids are going to watch these movies eventually and wonder why the hell their dad was so enthusiastic about this crap!

Anywhoo anyone have some other quality toy recommendations?

My oldest is obsessed with Schleich figurines at the moment. Younger ones still into most of the above mentioned on this thread.

Anyone have experience mixing in Brio 'compatible' train pieces from Hape or Melissa & Doug? Have stuck to Brio thus far as we continue to build out the collection but curious whether those lower priced options are any good.

Pretty neat AFOL aimed LEGO Porsche announced today. I still have to build the Panigale V4 R. Hemming and hawing about including my kids on that one

Instagram@particulardude
Appreciate 0