View Single Post
      08-29-2022, 07:32 AM   #42
BlueLeaderXI
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 Portimao Blue M340i xDriv

Need some help with a Warranty/Maintenance plan question - I pick up my '22 M5 Comp includes the Carbon Ceramic Brakes, in the next 1-2 days at the dealership.

I drive a lot of miles (30-40k/year, lot of highway miles), and want to cover my car with decent maintenance/warranty. I'll blow through a 3 year maintenance/warranty in just 1 to 1.5 years. Was thinking about adding Bmw Ultimate Care+Plus, when I saw it covers brakes, rotors, pads, etc. too, I was leaning in favor of doing it (6y/125,000 miles about $6,449 cost).

https://bmwusaservice.com/ultimatecare

But then I read in the fine print at the bottom - "BMW vehicles equipped with Carbon Ceramic brakes are not eligible for BMW Ultimate Care+ upgrades or extensions."

Is there any plan with BMW, warranty or maintenance that will completely cover the CCB option ??? (probably 'maintenance' plan I guess, over and above warranty, since I am wanting covered even a routine brake job for these, which still sounds hella expensive even at 75-100k miles if its $15k, I'd rather pay $6k now for peace of mind).

If anyone here / nonbiased Bmw employee can help direct me, I'd really be grateful. I want to be covered for routine maintenance and replacements of the CCB, should anything happen.

Sorry for the repost, just a little confused that Bmw doesn't want to offer any extended coverage for a $15-16k CCB brake job.

Thank you for all your guys' help!

sold |2021 M340i xDrive 8AT|Portimao Blue|Black/Oyster|19" 792M cerium grey wheels|

|R.I.P. beloved 2015 335i xDrive 8AT|
Appreciate 0