01-16-2019, 05:54 PM   #46
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 F90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeve19M5CP View Post
How is the track record of Racechip for say the last 5 years? any blown engines?

https://www.aclassclub.co.uk/forum/2...my-engine.html
Steve Steve Steve
You had to go back to 2013 to find a complaint about Race Chip and a report of a blown engine, which wasn’t proven that it was because of the tune and actually if that’s all you can find online?!!! I have to surmise that out of thousands upon thousands of RC tuned engines only this one was blown and anecdotally because of the aforementioned tune!!

However I will double down with you on your ask, and urge anyone on this forum and passers by to report any blown engine or major issues because of a chip tune, be it RC or not, I am by no means an expert on the matter, actually you seem to know more than my humble self, I will give you that, however you’re making many of us very nervous and actually unable to enjoy the peace of mind of having “Just a chip tune” vs DME or flash, which I did for 9 heavenly peaceful months with APR Stage II on my last Audi S8 and had nothing but enjoying my 700 horse power and 730 of torque!

So I hereby urge people with any history of even questionable Tune related issues to come forward once and for all or please hold your peace forever and let folks here enjoy their tunes!

Don’t forget even “Steve” Dinan that “mirrors” the factory warranty and I had a Stage I before with them on BMW 550i 2012, despite being safe and well studied and accounted for, yet we still hear about issues and everyone in this forum is aware of that, but hey are you telling me that people without tunes or flashes ECUs don’t and nevertheless have issues?! Granted having them means more issues, but not because of the tune itself, but rather pushing the car to its limits by driving it in such manner and certainly the tunes won’t help !

BTW here’s how Race Chip team replies in that thread you alluded to and I find it rather reassuring because if their explanation per OP report in that thread:

“MY PROBLEM now is that after contacting them and letting them know exactly what happened and that they should try to find a solution with my problem they replied me and said:
Thank you for contacting the RaceChip Customer Service.
We are pretty surprised to hear, that you are having an engine damage, although if the problem would have accured from the more performance, then you would have had a damage on all cylinders. Unfortunately we do not offer the engine warranty in Greece, only in the following countries: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom.

We are selling a lot of this chips for this engine and we have never had an engine damage, based on the chip, as all the safty features are active and because of this the engine should turn into safty mode, when something is pushing the engine to much. We can understand, that you are unhappy with the situation, but we can assure you, that the damage is no comming from the chip, as we have never had an engine damage within almost 9 years, since we are selling our products.

Should you require any more information or assistance please do not hesitate to contact us. You may simply reply to this message and a member of our team will get back to you.”
Appreciate 4
Miko M6653.50
r33_RGSport12971.00
M 4EVER191.00
Vic5519363.50