Quote:
Originally Posted by soopa View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dappercivility View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by josec70 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dappercivility View Post
Huge disappointment.....the whooshing sound is not my cup of tea but this is a small matter. Problem is thruout the entire powerband, the car feels slower and pulls less strongly and the change is pretty significant.........anyone has any idea what caused this?
While the performance gains are minimal, the car should not feel slower or sluggish. Take it back to the installer ....
I was told by installer that the dme needs time to adapt to the new higher ram air effect from the intake before U can feel the improvement. Will monitor and see how is it
It took me a couple days to really start hearing the intake sound. Perhaps the filters need some aging. Were you driving on a hot day? I had the Eventuri and Remus installed back to back in a matter of two weeks and cannot tell any significant gains in terms of performance. Car is still wicked fast.
From my personal experience with previous cars and aftermarket intakes and exhuast systems, it doesnt really let you feel difference in performance. Maybe the improvements are quite subtle and usually I install these for better engine efficiency as well as the cosmetic omph when I pop the hood. I was just surprised to feel the car performing worse than before. Maybe it was a really hot day.

I just took the car out for a spin, felt back to normal, maybe the dme does need time to adapt. Or simply bcos its late at night and the air is way cooler.