View Single Post
      08-09-2008, 11:54 AM   #6
methodtim
Brigadier General
Liechtenstein
Rep
Drives: Audi RS Q8

Garage List
Invoice does not equal 0 profit. Far from it! Invoice is not what the dealer paid for the car. It's kind of a made up number, actually. Invoice does not reflect hidden incentives that are built in from the company (bonuses for volume sales, etc.). Trust me when I say that 08 models are going for invoice. Like I said, when I ordered my 08, I was quoted invoice. When my co-worker bought his 08, he got it for invoice. The only drawback is that you're going to be stuck getting whatever is on the lot or whatever the dealer can get in a trade as the 08 MY is being cleared out right now.

If you're nervous about approaching the dealer with a price and getting laughed out of the dealership (like I was), let them do all the talking. I simply submitted an Internet request for quotes through Edmunds.com and waited for the e-mails to come back. The first set of e-mails I got back offered any BMW 335 coupe for invoice.[1]

One other thing. There's a thread here from a Floridian complaining about outrageous prices in for BMW's in Florida. You may want to check it out - http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159669 - to see if it applies to you. Good luck.

[1] Here's the e-mail I got back from Autonation. This guy doesn't work there any more, so I had to switch CA's, but the deal remained the same.

from Privitera, Dan <xxxxxxx@autonation.com>
to Tim Nguyen <xxxxxxxx@xxxx.com>
date Tue, May 6, 2008 at 3:39 PM
subject RE: Questions about your 335I Coupe request from BMW of Fremont
mailed-by autonation.com

hide details May 6

Hi Tim if you are a serious buyer for the car I can sell it to you for invoice on any 335 coupe I have in stock.

Regards,

office 510-xxx-xxxx
cell 510-xxx-xxxx

Dan