Rep
Drives: 24 M4 Comp RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindside_137 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by greentrbo95gst View Post
Auto trannies have gone very far in technology since couple years ago.
BMW M would never put a standard slow/laggy auto trans in their flagship M model. I am pretty sure that once you all drive the car you will be positively surprised. I know DCT has a cool factor, but BMW didn't do the switch for no reason. We've all seen couple videos of pro drivers driving these cars and there was no complaints in the trans dept. The car is lighter, faster, the front end looks awesome and aggressive and it has a really cool differential system with switchable drives.
No matter what they say or what people "feel", the fact will always remain that ZF8's will be slower than DCT's. Then if we compare to Porsche PDK's, I'm sure even this newly tuned ZF8 in the F90 M5 will seem like a sloth in shifting times.

And so you are also saying that the new side view mirror design for the M5 looking very similar to the F80 M3's side view design doesn't bother you either? Haha! This is a bit ridiculous to me. Can't they make anything bespoke anymore?! Give the side view mirrors on the M5 their own look, just as they have always had dammit!
I remember when we hoped (dreamed) all this cost cutting and platform sharing meant more money for M cars R&D. Boy was that wrong.
Yeah. The M division is becoming an afterthought with BMW and all they care about is competing with Tesla. However, that will never happen until they can make good looking electric cars with good range that the masses can afford. Until then, Tesla will grab the lions share of this market.