Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M240I X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Engineering View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPAC306 View Post
This concerns me as the cut is made at the factory dimple location and the MPE slips over the stock pipe. It should not matter if the cut is a bit uneven.

Is the mid pipe the same diameter as the stock mid pipe? The M235 MPE does not have a slip fit connection (relies on clamp) the M240 MPE slips over the midpipe.
Mid-pipe is larger than OE as indicated in an earlier post and slips over the stock muffler inlet being tightened with an 80mm clamp. We base muffler design by set stock points--- one of them being the stock inlet pipe location for guaranteed fitment. If the MPE uses an 80mm clamp as part of its kit then that would indicate that they do the same thing as us --- just in reverse--- assuming you are correct in that the M240i MPE slips over the midpipe. If that is the case it would technically work but would require a coupler and not a clamp to tie the 2 pieces together.

This is all just guesswork though based on loose information since we haven't seen a MPE equipped M240i in the shop however.
Ugh ... I see fitment problems if this will not slide into the MPE. Damn
picture on the right is the stock exhaust cut at dimple (top) MPE with included clamp (bottom)
picture on the left is MPE installed to the stock midpipe cut at dimple
Attached Images

12.3 @ 108 Stock
Appreciate 0