View Single Post
      07-24-2019, 07:45 AM   #4
darkrabbit
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: '19 F36 440i GC, '03 E46 M3

Alright, so I went to the 'ring during the Truck GP weekend and it was EASY to get on and off! A lot of cars, anywhere from 80 - 200 on track at any one time, but the gates pumped people through easily. Saturday there were 2 track closures while I was there (2.5 hours), the second one closed it at 5:30 for the night. I guess it was pretty bad. All in all Sat in the hours I was there, there were 4 ambulances dispatched and at least 5 police cars. On Sunday there wasn't a closure but a nasty oil spill which required yellow flags at that section for the entire time I was there, but it's not a big deal. It was at Adenau, that one spot where a lot of people spectate. One thing for sure, the marshals are on the ball.

There's a lot of spectators for sure, but there was almost zero wait to go on. Most times I approached the gate with no one else lined up. And now they let you go straight back on the track, you can keep left at the end of the straight and tap yourself right back on. Dangerous for the wallet, lol. And since I had the Green Hell Driving app, we'd buy more tickets through the internets while slowing in the car, and I plowed through a few hundred Euro in no time.

I made a point to come off to let the car cool after 2-3 laps each time. I had to keep engine RPM's low, but after a few sighting laps where I was slow as F, I got the layout down a lot better and the tires and brakes started to suffer quite a bit

So in summary, don't even worry about busy weekends. While you might have to park your car in the massive grass lot across the street (a 3 min walk from the Devil's Diner), getting on and off the actual track is a BREEZE.

Added bonus, we went to the Ring Boulevard after and had some great food at the restaurant across the street, then checked out all the shops (more wallet damage) and watched truck racing! It's pretty awesome, lots of action, and a great crowd.

-J
2016 Ford F250 Diesel - Carries things
2019 BMW F90 M5C - Sold and I regret it
Appreciate 0