08-15-2016, 07:31 AM   #5
Nine Lives
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Austin Maxi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrKevM5 View Post
Just got back from my vacation so I finally took time to install the JB+. I was going to see what Dinan was going to release, but I figured what the heck, it's only $199, if I don't like it I can resell it. Was super happy with my JB4 on my M5 and Burger always has high quality, NO issues. First off they LIED about the 60 second install. It took me 80 seconds because I contemplated 20 sec. about the possibility of breaking the plug. But it was an incredibly easy install. I always instinctively put my lil' beast in Sport+ as soon as I start up, but because I swore I screwed up the install (it was too easy!), I just drive away. Initially I thought ok, it's got a decent increase, especially for the price. But then I realized my exhaust was quieter than normal. Put it in Sport+ mode, idiot! O.M.G. This thing came absolutely ALIVE! Especially midrange and above. That was my main complaint, that the engine thrust would "peter out" over 5500 rpm. But now it pulls HARD to redline. And my ECU hasn't even adapted yet! Now full disclosure, I am running the Active Autowerke intercooler with 93 octane gas, but DAMN, this thing HAULS now! Absolutely INCREDIBLE value at this price point. Now I may still go with another tune, but it had better offer a lot more ROI than this thing offers.
I'm considering this or the " Speedbuster " for when I get my car in a couple of weeks as I like the simplicity factor.

Does the car feel as linear compared to stock ? and any robbing the bottom end to get that thrust over 5500 rpm or is it just more of everything ?
Appreciate 0