View Single Post
      11-03-2022, 10:51 AM   #204
IsleOfMs
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingwan View Post
There are also those people that clearly have no idea where tf they're going.
This reminds me of a difference btwn TX and CA. In TX, if someone is doing a u-turn, it's because they screwed up. There's rarely any other reason to do one.

I moved to CA and at first I was amazed at how many idiots would miss their turn. Sidenote: The reason I care is that I'm driving along and my light turns red because someone coming the other way pulls into the left turn lane and does a u-turn.

Anyway, I quickly realized that CA doesn't do multi-direction left turn lanes. Instead we have solid medians EVERYWHERE. If you want to turn left, your only choice is to go to the next stop light and u-turn. In other states you see a business on the left, so you pull into the center lane and wait for an opportunity to turn. Bonus benefit, then when you're leaving that place, you can turn left back onto the main road. In CA, if we turn into a place on the right, when we're done we have to drive all the way around the block to go back where we came from.

All because some pansy city planners decided shared middle lanes were dangerous. Yeah, that's why other states are filled with dead bodies
Appreciate 0