BM dnobagaV
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 528i

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentanker View Post
2004 325i

I'd had my eyes open for a good deal on a silver grey E46 and was browsing online one day and found it at a Lotus dealership. Deal seemed a bit too good to be true but the dealership was close to work so I dropped in during my lunch. When i got there, the window price was about $6k more than the online price but I test drove anyway since I was already there. At the end the dealer asked if I liked it, and I said "yes, but I like it at the offered online price, not the window price!" The dealer told me "you must have been looking at THIS car..." and he proceeds to walk me over to a titanium silver E46 in not as good shape and with a lot more on the clock with the exact price I was expecting on the car I drove.

At that point I was a tad annoyed and insulted that he would suggest i didn't know what fucking car I wanted to buy (I'd done fairly thorough research) so we went inside to the manager's office and long story short, THEY were the ones who mixed up their silver E46s when posting the autotrader listing, not me! To their credit, I got the online price.

When it came time to talk financing, I chuckled and said "no thanks" and got out my check book. Manager seemed a bit surprised; I guess it wasn't every day he had a guy in his Army uniform stroll in and write a $26000 check. He commented "we aren't going to make any money off you at all today, are we?"

I said "nope."

drove it for almost 10 years...
Fantastic story! Really appreciate the input mate.. e46 325i till we die!
Appreciate 0