Thread: Help in Iowa
View Single Post
      11-22-2017, 09:35 AM   #2
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

You can do what I did. Go into a local (so to speak) BMW dealership and negotiate a price on an ordered car and they can order it for you.

Or you can reach out to several BMW dealerships and solicit bids or use TrueCar as a way of securing multiple bids.

Either way you can order the car.

One thing...dealerships have allotments from BMW. If your dealership doesn't have a near allotment to use for you, or doesn't want to use one of its allotments for you, your wait can be significantly extended. In my case, e.g., my dealership had an allotment for a build to be completed in about 4 weeks and used that for me. So for an order placed on October 10, my build was finished on November 9th, arrived at the port in Germany on November 14th and left on a boat on November 19th. My car is scheduled to arrive in California on December 17th and I am hoping to get it by Christmas. But you could wait months depending on your model and dealer.

However, that is the only way you can probably get exactly what you want. My SA searched the entire country and the ships on the high seas to see if there were any unsold cars that met my requests. There weren't. So I ordered.

In my case, my mandatory requirements were nappa or merino leather, Driver Assistance Plus, and dynamic dampers. Finding these three together is a herculean task.

I am not a patient person so the wait is painful but worth it.

So find some dealers, negotiate your price but don't forget to include the allotment issue when you negotiate so you don't get a great price on a car to be delivered in May (unless, of course, you can wait that long and it is worth it to you to get a great price).
Appreciate 0