01-15-2020, 02:54 AM   #9
aBMWfan
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08' M3/'15 M4/ '06 M3/ '09 M3/

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonton1017 View Post
Open a case on Aliexpress, half the time they would rather just give you a refund to save everyone's time.

So my friend and I both ordered an entire M performance style body kit, one from a US vendor and one from Aliexpress. Splitters, front lip, side skirts, trunk spoiler and 3 piece diffuser. Aliexpress total was $975USD shipped, US reputable vendor total was $2500USD shipped.

Difference? US vendors have much better quality control, and holes are pre-drilled like they have actually put it on a test vehicle and drilled it accordingly. I've seen pre-drilled crap from China and they will not line up, not the case with US vendors.

Aliexpress order's trunk spoiler did not fit at all, however they already shipped me a new one and it is arriving this weekend. So we'll see. Front splitters fitment was also not as good, it required some trimming. The rest of the orders: front lip, side skirts and diffuser fit and looks exactly the same.

For me, I'm quite happy that I saved over 50% on a $2k+ order of things that have such a high chance of scraping. They are basically disposables.
Crazy you spent 1k on disposables.

I’m done with Aliexpress, they won’t refund you past 3 weeks if something is wrong
Appreciate 1