View Single Post
      12-27-2022, 04:28 PM   #3
pbonsalb
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 18 F90 M5, 99 E36 M3 Turbo

Low dust is the reason most people buy them. You could replace steel brakes 10 times for what it costs to replace ceramics once so I don’t think durability makes ceramics worthwhile. Plus, they are actually more fragile and susceptible to damage, though I doubt many damage them.

They should stop slightly shorter, though thus may not show up in normal driving. Magazine tests that I have read are inconclusive for the common 70-0 mph test. One Car and Driver test actually showed 5 feet longer. Extend the mph to 150 mph and it is more likely there will be gains, or run the car on a race track for a while.

The reason I would consider buying them is the weight savings. Since the weight is unsprung, saving it helps handling and acceleration. Probably not enough for most people to notice, but a bunch of little things together can make a noticeable difference. Whether it’s worth $8k is another question.

For $8k, I could buy lighter and wider aftermarket wheels, an engine tune, a transmission tune, lowering springs, secondary downpipes, Dinan turbo inlets, Dinan monoballs, and the Dinan rear toe kit.
Appreciate 1