View Single Post
      06-15-2020, 12:25 PM   #18
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
This was my exact experience. Try explaining to your wife and kids why the AC in your 124K car doesn't work and you can't open the windows because you just got tints done

I called BMW Customer Service and while the lady was super nice, there isn't anything they could do at the moment. They don't have the pull to expedite anything. All she said is that they can work on compensating for lost use but that happens AFTER the car is all fixed so they can calculate the exact number of days.

Not sure whats better. Drop off the car at the dealer and get a loaner for 2 months or just let them diagnosis the issue and take the car back with me so atleast it won't get dinged up while sitting at the dealer service lot for that long of a time. This would be a non issue if it wasn't summer time but on hot days I can't drive this thing.

Alan
Get your car back and don’t let it sit at the dealer any longer than you have to. I would gladly wait the time out with a perfect conditioned non-working ac for as long as I have to. I detest having anyone touch my car and generally don’t trust they won’t ding, scratch the leather, take it for a joy ride, or wash the car to be nice and leave hairline scratches all over my new paint.
Appreciate 0