Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 i4 M50

Garage List
2022 BMW i4 M50  [0.00]
2022 BMW X7  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmolaris View Post
Only problem is I live in the Pacific Northwest, though it doesn't snow, it does rain a lot. I'm worried about rain + temperature below 40
Depending on where, you could be talking about consistent highs below 40 to the occasional low below 40, which is a huge difference in itself. I'm not too familiar with the climate range throughout the PNW, but if you are concerned there must be a reason.

I'm in the northeast, and am a huge advocate of switching to winters early here. I make the change once our highs are consistently at or under the mid 50s, which typically occurs in the first or second week of November. My pilots are like ice skates when their temps are below 50, and I have a short commute, so they don't have a chance to warm up on a 40 degree day. We will have a cold day or two that I'm cautious prior, and a nice stetch where I think I could push longer, but there's no beating the secure feeling I get when I throw on the winters and feel that grip (sottozeros here).

If we stayed in the 50s for the most part and only dropped to 40 on occasion, mixed with a longer commute where the tire temps could warm up, I'd probably rock summers all year round. I keep the TPMS on one of my hotkeys so I know when I could press harder regardless of season.
Appreciate 0