JM5W
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNGRTOM View Post
I've done option 2 several times. Never 1 and option 3 on 3 cars.
For me, for a lease PPF is hard to justify
I plan on option 3 on my 2 incoming leases (I plan on paint correcting and coating myself). I just did my wife's new white Tesla.

micro-marring will be more noticeable on your BSM (my wife's previous Tesla was black with opti pro+ and it got still got a lot of wash marring...and I hand wash/sometimes waterless wash)

Option 1 would be the raddest (and of course paint needs to be corrected beforehand) but it's a lot to spend. The car will always look great though, maintenance will be a breeze. Black cars are a nightmare so it might be worth it.

With dark interior 30% will look good on the windows. I like to do 70% on the windshield too. We just did 15% ceramic on my wife's new Tesla (light interior) and it looks damn good and not too dark.
What was your experience with PPF on the bumpers and Ceramic Pro on the rest of the car? Did it do a good job?

Why did you decide to just Ceramic Pro the next 2 cars that you are leasing? Won't you have to have it re-applied every year? What product are you going to use?

I've never had a Black car. I didn't know it's such a nightmare to keep clean.

If I can get a better deal for the full PPF, I think I might go with that. Why would I need to get paint correction before doing the PPF? The car is brand new and I haven't even picked it up yet.