View Single Post
      01-26-2019, 11:22 AM   #33
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by onfireX5 View Post
Very nice ! This one and a 720S was on my radar before I ordered the TTS. 720S is killer fast, but the dealer is 7 hours away, not comfortable for 6'3", plus it bring too much attention for me.
Just looking at Ingress, egress, cruising comfort, visibility , etc. how would you compare it to a 991 ?
Hey Tom- Id say for your height the ingress and egress would be more favorable in the P car. The entry height along with a higher roof line and wider opening berth would benefit you. Cruising comfort is close but the NSX has the magnetorheological dampers that just soak up the bullshit on the road. The car is still very taut in sport damper mode but its also very enduring; its very close to the comfort of the R8. The P car does eat up the undulations but not like this car or the R8 and I associate this benefit to the mage ride.
Visibility is where the NSX really shines- there are just no blind spots and even the rear window has a decent line of sight. Honda did a great job here. Its better than the 991 in this regard but... the 991 is just fine.

You already know what happens with performance; the Honda/Acura would fall short in the measurable categories. Now with a tune you see it gets out nicely and runs a decent trap but its still around 3800 lbs and that hurts the numbers considerably. Id call this car more of a check box "want" for me.
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 2
onfireX53617.50
soooma1377.50