View Single Post
      01-23-2022, 12:58 AM   #27
brava09
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M4C xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aronis View Post
I think there may be something to the statement above, that this car is all RWD until there is slippage. Today I was driving in MDM mode with snow tires with good tread life, 33 degrees, clear roads, coasting down from 55 mph road to an exit ramp I have taken 1000 times. See video. I drove my '03 RS6 for 15 years and never had this happen. I have another video, have to dig it up, of a similar slippage driving the M5 (at least that was during a snow storm on black ice) Today it was on clear roads with a spec of something on the road at this slip point. I have found after 4 winters with this car that the AWD in BMW's (particular the M5) is not nearly as good in the winter as my prior Audi's ( '00 A6 sport, '03 RS6, '08 A4 cab, '13 A8L, '15 Q7) all of which I drove in all sorts of bad snowy conditions. Shit my '16 M2 with snows did not do this to me LMAO. And I have yet to push this M5 on ramps as fast as I have gone in the RS6 in DRY weather. Just saying.....not to bash BMW, but their AWD electronic gadgetry is NOTHING compared to Audi's all mechanical setup.

To add to the discussion re: RWD, I no longer put this car in 2wd mode, ever. BMW should be ashamed that they offer that mode with NO traction control option. WTF? They clearly could have that mode with nannies and without. The without has no practical use especially with 600 plus hp on tap. Find my crash thread, not a fan of RWD mode.

That's why the Audi's are so much slower than the M5, because of their awd mechanical setup.

I love the M xdrive setup, and for treacherous conditions like in your video don't use MDM, what's the point?
11 Audi RS5 Misano Red--sold
08 E92 M3 Jerez Black 6MT--sold
08 E92 335i 6MT traded in for M3
Appreciate 0