06-25-2019, 12:41 PM   #14
CarlosM4
Lieutenant
Brazil
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
This attempt clearly pushed it in the S63 arena (pricing) where the luxury of that car outshines the GT63.

Edit: If one can find a nicely appointed GT63S at 165k and then get a full 12% off (triple net) and pray for factory trunk money of 10k- one could get it for 135k or circa. That might work.... maybe LOL.
Totally agree. Panamera owners want something more luxurious than a M5 or a E63 S. I know the owner of a 2019 Turbo S, and he just bought it over one of the two I mentioned due to the extra luxury and added comfort (which is exactly where the S63 is present). The Panamera offers around 90% the handling and performance of the two, with a bit more comfort. I understand why AMG would go for a more hardcore approach (and offer something with more capability than the E63), but I mean come on, the same bone shaking ride, similar interior finish and lack of comfort features (from S63 or Panamera) makes no sense when we are talking about 160-180k USD cars.

The M5's interior for instance has a quality standard that nearly matches that of the GT 63 (with full or extended leather and anthracite headliner) for a fraction of the price. Mercs went bananas on this one, which is a pity because if this car was similarly priced (and was a little more comfortable), I would own one easily.
Appreciate 1
Vic5519365.00