///M... Nuff Said.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5 Competition

Garage List
2020 BMW M5C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekrul View Post
Not following the rationale on losing money on the r8, as M5 values tank. I actually have a 19 comp and previously had a r8 plus as a secondary car which I traded for a GT3RS.

I had a 17 r8 plus for about 11 months put on 3k miles and traded it for a loss of 10k and got a good deal on the RS... mind you I picked up the R8 after it was about 2 years old. My rationale for getting into the RS was based primary on fun factor but also preservation of value.

I think the M5 is way more practical as a primary car, I leased my M5 for tax purposes and was ok with its massive depreciation secondary to that. As much as I love the M5 and as physics defying of a car as it is its not in the same league as the r8/exotic car in terms of driving enjoyment/feel.

I actually like that color interior. Congrats man.
Oh, trust me, it was not my intention to lose money on the R8. The market conditions is why I lost that money, as under normal conditions I would've sold privately for my asking price. I'm leasing the M5 as well for tax purposes. I miss the R8 for sure, but I'll be back in another exotic/higher end supercar in due time. My short list for when that time comes is a next gen 992 GT3, Huracan (EVO or Perf), or the face lifted R8 Plus. We'll see...

"Dream as if you'll live forever, Live as if you'll die today" - J. Dean
Appreciate 0