View Single Post
      03-23-2020, 07:01 PM   #8
Aronis
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5

I have had three windshields, make that four, replaced in the past 40 years of driving and the insurance company not once asked me how it happened. If you have glass coverage it does not matter. They will pay.

Keep in mind the TWO sensors may need to be replaced but they should be reusable if carefully removed. Don't count on the glass guy to be that careful, TAKE THEM OUT FOR YOURSELF FIRST. For old school set ups, prior to ?2005/6/7 don't know, the sensor is GLUED to the window with a pad that is sticky on both sides. These are hard to find from what I gather, odd item. The new ones are not glued in place they are held by a clip system. I had to replace the sensor for my Heads Up Display (it's the sensor on the right of the rearview mirror) after my repair. They put the wrong part number item in (the dealer replaced it again and go the part wrong a second time LMAO, claimed Box had one number but part was wrong). I bought the sensor from my local dealer after carefully confirming the part number, and it was a VERY quick DIY since this windshield comes with the mount and padding and does not have to be glued to the sensor, it snaps in and is fine.)

Mike

2018 M5 and 2019 Porsche Boxster GTS
Prior. '94 325is, '97 M3 Lux, '16 M2
Appreciate 0