View Single Post
      01-16-2017, 08:31 AM   #103
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 335 e93

Quote:
Originally Posted by jippii ensio View Post
The problem with gas is that you need to drive for a gas station and in addition, spend the time to fill it up. In the future electric cars can be charged by wireless induction and you won't need to bother about it. My parking lot will charge my car overnight without myself doing anything. The ranges will be very long by the time you can buy your first fully electric M-car and some of the roads will be able to fill up the charge.

I just saw a test mule of the fully electric Porsche Mission E that will be launched in a couple of years. Already now, it can be charged to 80% in only 15 minutes and I can see the electric charging stations popping up for those who drive long distances.

In the mean time the next M3 will have the electric turbocharger which will elevate the M-performance a lot. The performance segment will love it.
They said flying cars would be here 50 yrs ago also. I've even seen several companies set to go into production with them. And that was 10 and 20 yrs ago. I'm not bashing them. I'm just amazed everyone is so sure that this tech, unlike the last 5 that said exactly the same thing, and that needs technological advances that nobody knows if they are possible for a decade or more to even be practical, and unlike the previous 5 also requires new infrastructure to work, is such a certainty. Once they build charge stations everywhere, it charges in 3 min, the motors don't overheat after a few pulls, the range is 400+ miles, it performs as well or better than a current IC, costs similar, is as reliable, has an equivalent lifespan, and doesn't create massive mining and toxic waste to create, let me know.

Last edited by Fundguy1; 01-16-2017 at 08:40 AM..
Appreciate 0